9.17.2008

SALZBURG


Friday afternoon
Had a great ride up to Salzburg on the train in warm sunshine. Shared a compartment with a Chinese guy from Hong Kong and Richmond, BC. We compared notes on cameras and exotic travel. He wins that one - Bhutan.
My gästehaus is lovely and I have 4 nights here before the trip to Munich. Gotta get the schedule for concerts and see if there is something happening tonight.

Saturday
On my first afternnon in Salzburg I had 2 concerts - both in dungeons.

First was a guitar-zither duo. The first selection was written by Vicente Adan and was performed on guitar, zither and 2 purse zippers. The 2 old bitches behind my seat used this selection to reorganize their purses. I moved and the rest was great.

Following at 7 pm was Mozart piano highlights in the cellar of St Peter´s church. The encore was a killer Rachmaninoff selection. It clearly requires 25 fingers minimum but the girl did it.

Mellow evening for a wine below the castle and off to my hotel now.

No comments: