Today was the first real day in Paris. After a 2-hour trip through the Louvre Max arrived back at the hotel in time to spoil Peters nap. (I still cannot find the apostrophe on the French keyboard!)
So I sent his butt back out on the street with orders to visit Napoleons tomb and the Eiffel Tower. Max walked most of it. Then he crossed the river and walked all the way back down the Champs Elysee to the hotel. He returned to Notre Dame for a historical Sound & Light presentation. Too slow for his taste. Mainly monks moaning.
This evening, Peter went to a stunning concert at Eglise Madeleine, the copy of the Parthenon Athena temple. Soloists of the Paris Orchestra and the Versailles trumpets. Handel's Water Music, Four Seasons and more. Audience of 200 and third row seat. Wow! -as we say in classical circles.
Tomorrow I had intended to send poor Max to Versailles, but he is moaning about swollen calves. In fact he is incoherent after the workout of today. Some people pump iron but Max pumped pavement today.
I guess he will just see the dungeon cell of Marie Antoinette on Friday and a concert in the Sainte Chapel. Perhaps all those prayers and candles will help.
So I sent his butt back out on the street with orders to visit Napoleons tomb and the Eiffel Tower. Max walked most of it. Then he crossed the river and walked all the way back down the Champs Elysee to the hotel. He returned to Notre Dame for a historical Sound & Light presentation. Too slow for his taste. Mainly monks moaning.
This evening, Peter went to a stunning concert at Eglise Madeleine, the copy of the Parthenon Athena temple. Soloists of the Paris Orchestra and the Versailles trumpets. Handel's Water Music, Four Seasons and more. Audience of 200 and third row seat. Wow! -as we say in classical circles.
Tomorrow I had intended to send poor Max to Versailles, but he is moaning about swollen calves. In fact he is incoherent after the workout of today. Some people pump iron but Max pumped pavement today.
I guess he will just see the dungeon cell of Marie Antoinette on Friday and a concert in the Sainte Chapel. Perhaps all those prayers and candles will help.
Weather remains overcast and mild.
No comments:
Post a Comment