9.17.2008

HALSTATT



The day did not dawn bright and sunny, but it started dry. And from there it improved so I took the train to Hallstatt, a UNESCO World Heritage site. First iron age settlement in Europe. It was as spectacular as the photo. It looks like a Disney version of an Austrian village. Absolutely exquisite. On the train I met a couple of guys from Japan and we talked about future travel plans.


At the moment I am waiting for the laundromat to finish. Damn, those instructions in German are hard to decypher- DRUCKEN oder ZIEHEN. What the hell kind of language is that !!?? Especially hard when the appliances are more advanced than ours. The computer operating the laundry also offers to turn on the Internet computers in the corner. That is too much so I am working from a human-operated CyberCafe down the block.


Tomorrow AM onto the train and off to Munich for 3 nights. Leaving for home on Sept 12.

No comments: